Written and edited by Capt. Gregory Mercurio on 11/28/13
October 30 2013 Wind Northeast 25 Knots Temperature 85 Degrees
At the last minute we were able to get enough anglers for the last Pulley Ridge trip of the year. Look for a report on Sunday. Next trip after that is a charter next Tuesday afternoon. IF you looking to get on a ultra limited load with a great group of anglers (mutton killers) this trip is it. Please contact me at email@example.com.
November 7 2013 Wind Northeast 25 Knots Temperature 85 Degrees
Greetings from the command center. Only one trip since my last report.
Our last Pulley Ridge trip of the year was a success. Incredible weather, nice people and a very respectable catch. When the dust settled we managed the white box full with all the usual suspects. When I counted up the species for the trip we tallied 25 different types, just incredible. You never know what your going to bring up. We had some good bites and some slow times too. The night bite was a little slow at night but around 4:00 the tuna's came on strong till sunrise. Toss a jig and get a bite. When it was all said and done we managed the white box for 9 anglers. I was pleased. I think we could have even got in the blue box but we lost the last six hours of the day 2. I called the trip 7 hour early because of the approaching cold front. It was the right call but of course we had just done our best drift out in the deep on big fish. However safety first. always.
Since pictures always tell a thousand words, enjoy.
Also found a link with a trip report. Please click here.
Very quiet around these parts. We are taking a much needed break. It is just as well. The wind as been screaming, 20 knots plus all week. The ocean is no place for humans on my boat in the DT's.
Next trip is not for 8 days. Loads of room, basically a wide open trip at this point, even stern spots. November has traditionally been a a favorite month for me. Great mixed bagged trips. Lets hope we get some decent weather.
November 12 2013 Wind Northeast 15 Knots Temperature 80 Degrees
Happy Tuesday from the command center. Not much to report here. No trip over the weekend. the crew and I had a nice quiet weekend away from the boat. It was great.
No trips till the weekend. I am incredibly happy about that. The next two days the wind is going howl. A big blow is shaping up for Wednesday and Thursday. Even some gale force gusts during that time. The worst of the wind will be on Wednesday night into Thursday morning. It appears however it will be short lived with the winds coming down on Friday. Just in time for our next trip hopefully. The wind should be down by 10 knots on Saturday. All we need now are some anglers. Still loads of room with stern spots too. Please click here.
So the rest of the week we will be working on the Capts. Projects include updating safety equipment, a little cleaning and prepping the boat for our annual USCG inspection next week.
Soon as I get a update about the weekend I will post it.
November 113 2013 Wind Northeast 35 Knots Temperature 75 Degrees
Well folks this weekends trip is not going to happen. I just pulled the plug. The weather looks lousy, the wind is not going to slacken till Saturday night. With only a handful booked I saw no reason wait any longer.
So a nice weekend on the streets of Key West for me. I have to say I'm enjoying this break. My checkbook does not but what the hell.
Anyway next trip is next weekend. Still loads of room, please click here.
November 14 2013 Wind Northeast 35 Knots Temperature 75 Degrees
Well the wind forecast was right on the money. The wind is cranking, Sustained at 30 knots with higher gusts. So very thankful I am not out on the water. It is not fit for humans on my boat in the Dry Tortugas.
So what do I do with my spare time? Spend money of course! So thinking about a new shirt design and came up with this-
So I will be offering this shirt in the every near future. Perfect gift for the holidays! Soon as I receive them I will be taking orders.
November 18 2013 Wind Northeast 5 Knots Temperature 85 Degrees
I really can't complain about the stretch of weather we have had the past 10 months. However I swear it always plays out this way. We are now tied to the dock and we have no wind here in Key West. Very typical.
The best part about this weather is we are getting ready for our annual USCG Safety and Equipment Inspection this week. Nothing of note to report really. I have done so many of these things over the years they are routine. I just follow the checklist I am given from the OICM and follow it to the letter. Of course things do pop up and it always seems we find one or two things. That is a good thing. It is always prudent to get a second set of eyes looking around checking things on board any vessel. Everyone looks at things differently. I anticipate no issues but will be happy to get this behind me. Basically I am ready to go back to what we do best. Go fishing.
Hopefully our next trip will be over the weekend. As of today we really do not have enough to sail. It has been two weeks since our last trip. I know myself and the boys are ready for some salt. If your interested please click here. Its a little early to make any predictions about the weather but it appears it will be fine.
That's it for now, more later.
November 27 2013 Wind Northwest 35 Knots Temperature 75 Degrees
People often ask me what's the worst part of my job? For me without a doubt it is sweating the weather forecast. As I type this it has been almost a month since my last trip. Between lack of interest and some incredibly windy weather it is now official. I have had enough. It appears this weekend is not going to be any better. I am seeing some improvement with the forecast as we get closer but I am very guarded in my optimism. At this point if your booked please stayed in touch with the office. I will also keep this page as well as my Facebook page updated when I decide something. I was hoping for a quiet day on Thanksgiving but given the circumstances I will keep my phone on and will answer e mails. My e mail is firstname.lastname@example.org. Also we did send this e mail out to all customers that are booked-
Turkey day is fast approaching and I know you�re all aching to get fishing this weekend. I just wanted to send out a quick message about the weather. It�s far too early to say anything for sure, but the forecast that Capt. Greg has been watching is very iffy as of now. Obviously, we usually don�t take a marine forecast seriously until about 24 hours before departure, and today being Tuesday, its very early and anything can happen. However, be warned, we are watching it very carefully and if things to don�t change, we may have some trouble. Please keep in contact with the office, and make sure that I have a good number to reach you at either Thursday night or Friday morning. I know many of you are coming from a ways, as soon as I know ANYTHING I will make sure everyone is informed. Remember that my number (305-923-4401) is textable! I will be with family on Thursday, as I am sure all you will be as well, but if you want a quick update, feel free to text or email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. If there is any cancellation or change in departure or any news at all I will contact everyone on the manifest as soon as possible. Please check in with Greg�s fishing reports for information as well. If you DO NOT HEAR from me, (it means it�s a go!) I hope you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
That's it for now, more later.
November 28 2013 Wind Northwest 25 Knots Temperature 66 Degrees
The trip this weekend has been cancelled. I stared at the forecast all day and could not get it to change. I tried really hard too. Anyway next trip is December 6 at 5:00 PM. Still loads of room and even some stern spots. Please click here.
Until then Yankee Capts is standing by....................................
That's it for now, more later.